Mind & STEM Festival
The Mind & STEM Festival is organised by the Malaysia Mental Literacy Movement (MMLM) in collaboration with the Kuala Lumpur Engineering Science Fair (KLESF).
The festival aims to promote skills and techniques for the improvement of mental literacy among Malaysians and enhance school students’ interest in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) to produce 21st century workforce in the era of the Fourth Industrial Revolution (IR 4.0).
Since its inaugural launch in 2018 in Kuching, Sarawak, the festival has made a compelling impact through its activities that embed mental literacy and STEM knowledge and skills which are relevant and beneficial to all, regardless of gender, socio-economic status or ability.
- To imprint on the national consciousness, the importance of mental literacy, i.e., intellectual resources for the nation’s growth, development and progress as well as the pursuit of quality life for all Malaysians.
- To create awareness about the human mind and its unlimited potential; and ways of tapping into and developing one’s brainpower.
- To introduce and to promote various techniques and skills pertaining to the improvement of mental literacy among Malaysians, such as memory skill, thinking skill, enhancing the right brain, speed reading, creativity, etc.
- To enhance school students’ interest in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM).
- To enhance the awareness of the public on the roles and importance of STEM in socio-economic wellbeing and sustainable development